Wednesday, December 8, 2010

#62-I LEAVE A PAPER TRAIL WHEREVER I GO!

     There are notes on ideas for my blog all over the place.  I keep a small notebook in my purse, by my recliner, on the refrigerator, in my office and in my car.  Ideas are constantly running through my brain and I need to write them down quickly or they are gone (ADHD again…see #29).
     Most are written in haste and accompanied by stains from whatever I am doing at the time (usually eating).  Some are wrinkled and water stained from wet hands that have been washing dishes (see #45).  Some have evidence of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (my favorite) or a dab of paint (just read your mind....OK mostly covered in paint).
     Some have dirt, grass stains, even snail trails on them (left note laying on the sidewalk as I was edging).  Often, when I am changing into my pajamas, several fall out of my high pockets (that is what Mom used to call her bra - see # 51).
     But the weirdest place I found a blog note was in the freezer (ADHD yet again).  Apparently, I was searching for something and set the note down to grab my choice.  Days later I found it in the ice bin.  Funny thing, this idea was about a skiing accident I had when I was 19.  So, at least I had it filed in a quasi appropriate place!
     Also, I write on the backs of whatever paper like thing is in close proximity.  I once received a “THANKS FOR THE LAUGH” note from a gal at the electric company (remember I live in a small town and she knew me).  Apparently, I had written out the meat of the story on the back of the bill stub before I sent it in.  I asked her to read it to me and, guess what, it was notes on the “SKUNK” story (see #s 54 and 55).
     Have you a special way of remembering things (Mannnnn, that made me remember something else to blog about…..be right back….).  Luckily, I am sitting at my computer where I have a list and this one was number 43.  (I also have 23 in the prewriting stage, and 11 scheduled to post this month).
     See I forgot what I was doing….that darned old ADHD!

SO, IF YOU HAVE A SPECIAL WAY OF REMEMBERING THINGS PLEASE POST THEM.  
I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT THEM.

kt 2010


1 comment:

  1. All Right! That does it. You have a spy cam in my house, don't you? You must because you've described exactly how my computer area and calendar look. Lists all over the place. I even have them in my truck..and on my refrigerator...and in my wallet...and in my desk. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and start scribbling things I want to remember. Clever people like us are like that, you know? Now stop spying on me!!

    ReplyDelete