MY V.I.P. FILE

There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

#38- "WHAT A MAROON" (MORON)!

Wrong hand but I wanted to


give you a hint. 



In order to understand the title you
MUST view this clip.
                              
What’s wrong with a world in which even staple guns are can’t be standardized?  Isn’t it bad enough that every cell phone requires a different charger, that different computer stuff is made to be incompatible….I had better stop here because this list can go on for days!  So, back to the staple gun….
In the early 2000s I was  finishing up a clubhouse I built for my grandson.  It was a large 8 x 8 construction (mostly because I could only find plans for a storage shed) and I was feverously (actually I was freezing because it was November) working to finish the inside, and it was my FIRST construction job, ever!
Since I wanted him to be able to heat the place with a small space heater and I was installing insulation in the walls.  I had left my staple gun at home and so I borrowed my son’s. 
Loaded and ready to go I put up a roll, held it at the top [high over my head], and placed the staple gun onto the paper.  (So far, so good)  I pulled the trigger and nothing happened.  Well, I mean there wasn’t a staple where I expected one to be.
Now, had I been paying attention I would have noticed a slight pinging sound on the opposite side of the room.  But, I didn’t hear the sound.  I checked the chamber where the staples belonged and, yep, it was full.
I decided that the problem was that I was trying to pop a staple with the gun above my head.  Therefore, I retrieved a ladder and tried the maneuver again.  Only, this time, to be sure, I placed the palm of my left hand on the back of the gun to hold it firmly in place.  I pulled the trigger and, this time, SOMETHING HAPPENED!
To my surprise, I realized that I had just stapled my glove to the palm of my left hand (not a good thing).  For a second I just stood there, frozen, on the ladder, looking at the staple embedded in my glove.  I fleetingly thought to my self, “Oh, Mannnnnn!  This is going to hurt,” and then it did!
I don’t know why I was so surprised.  This wasn’t the first DUMB THING I did on this project [or in my life = see #22, oh heck see most of my blogs].  So, I gingerly pulled the staple from my glove, pulled my glove from my hand, and looked at my handiwork.
After a short first aid break (yes, because of my propensity for small accidents, I am always prepared) I went back to finish the job.
There will probably be another blog highlighting other incidents with this particular project, as there were several.  As Bugs Bunny used to say, “WHAT A MAROON!”

kt 11/7/10