Wednesday, January 12, 2011

#97-RUNAWAY RUG aka CAVORTING CARPET

I HAVE A TRAVELING RUG AND IT IS MOVING SLOWLY TO THE EAST.


Psst, don't tell her, but
she doesn't have a clue.
One of these nights I'm
going to hover over her
bed and scare the $#@!
out of her!
One might say that most of the foot traffic is probably from the west to east through my bedroom.  This is definitely a good theory since the rug is usually at the foot of my bed.  I can travel from the kitchen, through the half bath, east through my room, and on into the hall which offers me a number of choices of rooms.  However, the reverse is also just as true. So, the foot traffic should move the rug both ways (brilliant deduction, so say I).  "So say I"?????where the heck did that come from?


Being curious, I performed my first experiment.  I moved the rug to the side of my bed where there was very little foot traffic.  The darned thing kept slowly migrating east.


There are a number of possibilities, I guess, but several weird ones just popped into my head.


One:  My house is situated on top of some kind of vortex or magnetic fei.  Nawh, if that were true all my rugs would migrate.

Two:  The rug IS wool.  Is it possible it was made in the Middle East and is trying to get home?  Nope, can't be (well, I don't think that is the case).  It could be a flying carpet that has lost its"oomph." Maybe it is a recycled Muslim prayer rug!

Three:  The "P" (poltergeists) from the C.R.A.P (Computer Related Attack by Poltergeist - see blog articles #48 and #58) on my computer have escaped and are hiding in my rug.  A definite possibility.  Be right back... ... ok, I put a crucifix in the middle of the rug, just in case.


Four:  The coriolis effect (see definition below) is moving it that way.  Uh-Uh... if that were the case then more rugs and smaller objects would be moving east too...wait...gotta check and see if anything has moved on my dresser (it will be easy to see because of all the acumulated dust)...  Nada...no tracks!


         Co·ri·o·lis effect  audio  (kôr-ls, kr-) KEY 
         NOUN:The observed effect of the Coriolis force, especially the deflection 
         of an object moving above the earth, rightward in the northern 
         hemisphere and leftward in the southern hemisphere.  You know, it's the reason 
                  that the water in our toilet bowls swirls to the right when we flush.
I PUT THIS PIECE OF INFORMATION HERE BECAUSE I READ SOMEWHERE THAT BOLGS SHOULD BE INFORMATIVE.  SO...THERE YOU GO!  YOU ARE INFORMED!

Five:  Those danged ants have somehow gotten into that rug and are slowly trying to sneak it out of the house (see blog article #92)!  Wait...I'll be right back...gotta check.  PHOOEY!  No ants there, but to be sure I STOMPED the heck out of the rug anyway (carefully avoiding the crucifix).


Six:  Oh, mannnnnn!  Maybe I have bed bugs and they prefer my rug!  Wouldn't blame them if they did as I am a restless sleeper and probably keep them awake.  Ok...that thought got me itching...gotta go strip the bed...gotta put the rug in the sun on the front porch...gotta find the crucifix that fell of the rug when I picked it up...gotta take a shower.


THE NEXT DAY:  Found the crucifix under the bed.  Oh, mannnnn, I just thought of another one! Seven:   Could it be that  something has been hiding under my bed!  YIKES!


Ok, calm down.  I guess I need to do some more thinking on the situation to see if I can figure out why this is happening.  Maybe I should run some other experiments.  It might be useful to see how fast it is traveling.  Also, I might find a clue by Googling those desert rocks that mysteriously travel.  Or, perhaps I could just let it wander (instead of pulling it back) and see where it is headed. Maybe I could put a leash or teather on it.  Or, perhaps nail it to the floor... ...


This is getting too weird.  Guess I will tackle this mystery another day.  It will be ok until I wake up some morning and find it leaning agaist the wall or hovering above my bed.  


OH-OH thought of another one.  Eight:  ALIENS!!!!!!!


kt2011

6 comments:

  1. Or ...... you are really in the lad of Lilliput. And those little people don't like change!! Smarten up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny rug, belongs with funny you...
    wow, Coriolis effect, interesting. You are an incredible font of information. So I Say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops, I meant So Say I...I'll have to use that more often to get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! There are some things in the universe that just can't be explained!!

    I look forward to hearing where it ends up next!!

    Red Nomad Oz
    Adventures in Australia

    PS Maybe it's just trying to escape??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teehee :) Wonder what it is???

    Keep us updated ! I forever think I am losing things, my jewelry to be specific. Maybe I'm having the same problem............

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think if you google thedesertrocks, you might get me.

    ReplyDelete