Tuesday, January 11, 2011

#96-A SHORT(S) STORY

This IS me after I fixed
my shorts.  REALLY!
(Eat your heart out!)





Sometimes I feel like a real idiot!  Like one morning this last fall it took me longer than usual to get dressd.  Why, you ask? (And even if you don't ask I'm going to tell you anyway!)


I had lots of things to do outside and I was in a hurry to get them done before the day got too hot.  I bounded out of bed, stubbed my toe on the bed leg, mumbled a curse of some sort, threw on my undies, shirt and shorts (Ahhhh, sorry, this is how my mind works...need to take a slight detour).


Why would they be called shorts?  I mean I am only putting on one pair not two therefore it should be short not shorts!  Explain this to me.


Back to my story.  So I yanked my shorts short on (over my throbbing toe) grumbled a little (actually a lot) and then tried to zip them up.  No, I am not going to say they were too small (shame on you for thinking that).  The problem was I couldn't find the little tab "thingy" to pull the zipper up.  I fussed and fumed; poked and prodded to no avail.  


Stimied, and thinking it must have broken off, I slowly strolled (with unzipped shorts clinging to my ample bottom) into the kitchen pondering the problem.  That is when I passed the wall mirror and noticed that I had something sticking out from my shorts short.  Yep, you got it.  It was a pocket! I had the darned thing on wrong side out!  When I realized what I had done I really felt like a dunce!  


Now, if this had been the first time I've done something like this I wouldn't worry about myself.  But I have been known to wear shirts and/or slacks, shirts and/or blouces wrong side out, to work,  But, to be honest about it I have often had to get dressed in the dark (since I usually had to leave for work very early).  This also facilitated the wearing of hidious color combinations, different colored sox and in one case different colored (but similar style) shoes.


My coworkers took it all in stride because it gave them someone to make fun of for a day.  I didn't mind because I do this kind of stuff even when I don't get dressed when it's dark (like my shorts short, for example.  


Ok, Ok, short doesn't work but I am not going to the trouble of changing them all back!  Get over it!

kt 1/11/2011

1 comment:

  1. Since I'm color blind I often mix up my colors, shoes, sox etc. Sometimes I forget to put on the second earring - oh my, I am a mess. (of course the earring part has nothing to do with colors but I thought I'd throw that in for ha has) But I'm happy and I laugh at myself. (imagine if I didn't - I'd be miserable!!)
    I just keep telling myself it's a sign of a creative mind.

    ReplyDelete