I just completed another home project. I am glad to say that it went smoothly (and, this time, my cat was unharmed). On this project I had to cut, trim and fit a back splash above and beside the sink in my bathroom. There is always the potential for mishaps since I was using sharp tools. But nothing was pierced, slashed, or severed.
Working with quick drying adhesive was daunting but everything went off without a hitch UNTIL I STEPPED INTO A GLOB OF GLUE that had dropped from my carelessly placed adhesive gun.
Since I was wearing sox (and no shoes) I didn’t notice my impending dilemma. I stood there for a few minutes holding up a panel with each arm, until the adhesive set (key word). It didn’t take long. When I started to move my foot I noticed a slight (ok, big) problem. My left foot was glued into place.
The adhesive had leached through my sock and glued my sock and (more importantly) my left foot to the floor.
I hadn’t put newspapers down because the floor was bare, since I removed the linoleum to put down new floor covering (ahhh, another project in my future). Hence, I wasn’t going anywhere, soon.
My cell phone was setting on the tank of the toilet and I could have called 911, but I could imagine their response:
Dispatch: “Dispatch to EMT 1”
EMT 1: “Hey, Flo, whatcha got?”
Dispatch: “It’s Ms. T, again!”
EMT 1: “What'd she do this time?”
Dispatch: “Glued her foot to the floor!”
EMT 1: (a chorus of laughter)
Dispatch: “Otis, your mike is still open.”
EMT 1: “Sorry, (chuckle) we’ll get right over there (chuckle)”.
No, way was I calling 911!
It took some contortions to reach the finger polish remover in the cupboard over the toilet, (fortunately I have practiced contortions in my bathroom before see #47) and a whole bottle of remover to extricate the sock from the floor (and my foot). Now there’s nice clean shiny place on the ball of my foot. I guess I sucked all the poison out of it like that stuff advertised on TV. Maybe I should do the whole foot (or both feet). Better yet, maybe I should market it.